Climate change is a glaring reality that cannot be ignored by anyone at any cost now. The effects from global warming invisible on almost every form of life, resource, and object present on this planet. Even those who claimed that adaptation to climate change was possible are now busy finding ways to save the earth. Just going green is no more an option but the biggest need of present time. A reflection of this reality was recently portrayed in the Hollywood movie – Interstellar. It is high time that means start addressing the problem at its core which is global warming. It can easily lead to a chain of events that will rupture the normal course of life for everyone. Moving a bit closer to the solution part, here are top 5 ways that can be implemented to reduce forming on an individual level:
- The first thing that you can do is start replacing incandescent light bulbs with CFL bulbs. It will directly lead to reduction in energy consumption by 70%, providing people with more enduring options saving time, money, and energy.
- You should also get into the habit of driving less, using public transport or carpooling as and when necessary. Though it seems a small step it can really be effective if 10 people adopt this habit for a decade. Imagine the level of difference that you can make by just tweaking a small part of your life. You can always adopt the habit of walking or cycling which will work both ways for you as well as the planet.
- You also need to start working on the 3R principle – reduce, recycle and reuse. Start by reducing the number of products you need to buy to survive vitriol result into smaller quantities of waste. Even if you have to buy go for purchasing environmental friendly products. Make sure you make use of recycled plastic containers, bottles, classes paper and every other possible thing.
- You also need to get into the solar energy bandwagon. Start small, save installing solar panels for small needs, using solar cookers for cooking food, and then move on to the next steps as and when possible.
- Last but not the least, you need to get over your habit of wasting things. No that landfills power of the biggest contributors of greenhouse gases on this planet. Even when you burn the waste, it doesn’t goes away without releasing toxic gases in the atmosphere that finally resort in to global warming. Thus recycling and reusing old items can easily reduce your carbon footprint as the energy needed for recycling old items is much less than generating items from scratch.